We have been busy bees lately. Play dates, swimming, a couple of trips to the movie theater, the library, planning birthday parties for my loves, attending baby showers, and birthday parties. Whew! I hear people talking about 'summer break' and I think I might like one.
This weekend I took Audrey to a birthday party for one of her little friends from Prosper. It was fairy themed and the girls all had a great time.

They got to dress up like fairies and have their hair done.

They even got to pick a flower bow to keep.

They made bracelets. Audrey made one for her and then one for me. So sweet.

And she also played with foam stickers for a while while the other girls were having their nails painted and make up applied. I didn't mention any of that to Audrey cause I didn't want to try to get the make up off her eyes before the baby shower we were attending afterward.

All the fairies after dancing, working the cat walk, and some super yummy cake.
Then she took a nap and we headed over to V's for Mike and Lacy's baby shower. Lacy threw one of my baby showers and I thought I had made a haul, but whoa! Lacy's little one scored more awesome goodies than I have ever seen at any shower and this was her 3rd shower! They are very loved...and are going to need a bigger house soon. I'm hoping she got so much cool stuff she won't notice if I sneak over and swipe all the Beatles goodies she received.

And this picture shows why you don't normally see kids from ages 2-4 open gifts at their birthday parties. They don't understand why one kid is supposed to be opening them all, so they all join in, open the gifts, and no one gets good pictures. Super annoying. And my kid tried to help Lacy this time. So like any bad parent I snapped a pic of it first, then distracted her with a toy.

Mo also helped to keep her occupied.

And so did Peyton's daddy Stephan. He and Joc have another little girl on the way in a matter of weeks, which is perfect, because he is just one of those guys that is meant to be a daddy of precious baby girls.
Even though we had a busy day we had a great time. Audrey was so worn out she slept until 10am on Sunday. I took her with me to meet a friend for lunch in Grapevine at my favorite little Mexican food hole in the wall, El Taco H. But when we got home she asked to take a nap! After a 3 hour nap (while Daddy played golf) she downed some Raising Cane's, played in the bath, had story time with Daddy, and hit the hay again.
Weekends are wonderful. Why don't we have them more often?
This weekend I took Audrey to a birthday party for one of her little friends from Prosper. It was fairy themed and the girls all had a great time.
They got to dress up like fairies and have their hair done.
They even got to pick a flower bow to keep.
They made bracelets. Audrey made one for her and then one for me. So sweet.
And she also played with foam stickers for a while while the other girls were having their nails painted and make up applied. I didn't mention any of that to Audrey cause I didn't want to try to get the make up off her eyes before the baby shower we were attending afterward.
All the fairies after dancing, working the cat walk, and some super yummy cake.
Then she took a nap and we headed over to V's for Mike and Lacy's baby shower. Lacy threw one of my baby showers and I thought I had made a haul, but whoa! Lacy's little one scored more awesome goodies than I have ever seen at any shower and this was her 3rd shower! They are very loved...and are going to need a bigger house soon. I'm hoping she got so much cool stuff she won't notice if I sneak over and swipe all the Beatles goodies she received.
And this picture shows why you don't normally see kids from ages 2-4 open gifts at their birthday parties. They don't understand why one kid is supposed to be opening them all, so they all join in, open the gifts, and no one gets good pictures. Super annoying. And my kid tried to help Lacy this time. So like any bad parent I snapped a pic of it first, then distracted her with a toy.
Mo also helped to keep her occupied.
And so did Peyton's daddy Stephan. He and Joc have another little girl on the way in a matter of weeks, which is perfect, because he is just one of those guys that is meant to be a daddy of precious baby girls.
Even though we had a busy day we had a great time. Audrey was so worn out she slept until 10am on Sunday. I took her with me to meet a friend for lunch in Grapevine at my favorite little Mexican food hole in the wall, El Taco H. But when we got home she asked to take a nap! After a 3 hour nap (while Daddy played golf) she downed some Raising Cane's, played in the bath, had story time with Daddy, and hit the hay again.
Weekends are wonderful. Why don't we have them more often?
No comments:
Post a Comment