Sunday, July 17, 2011

It's official. I'm married to an old man.

I can't believe this day has arrived. My husband is 30. Ouch. OUCH! I don't think he looks 30 (other than the early arriving wrinkles around the eyes because he squints) but the fact that he's really that old is heart breaking. We were together for the majority of our 20's and it flew by. I can't handle the thought that the rest of our lives will go by just as quickly. I need more time. Life is just speeding past us too fast. I need this lifetime to slow down. My heart can't take it.
So to celebrate my wonderful husband (and to take my mind off my irrational pregnancy hormone induced sadness over his aging) I threw him a 30th birthday party. And how better to kiss his 20's goodbye than with the same people he partied with in his 20's? So I invited his college friends over to help him ring in a new decade.

The Schafflers brought Quin over and Audrey couldn't have been happier about that.


Quin and the birthday boy.


Aren't those cheeks just irresistible?


The Louis family was also in attendance. Tom and Rebekah had hopes in college that Barker would be their pool boy by this point. So far that hasn't happened but we can always reevaluate at his 40th.


Audrey LOVED playing with Handsome Hank.


Brad brought red neck golf along, which is great since I meant to buy it for this weekend but forgot.


Shannon, Quin and Audrey


Margaret, Henry, Audrey and Barker


Margaret and Audrey


Amber loving on sweet Quin. It's hard not to.


Audrey being very lady like, oops.

I sadly didn't take many pics of our sweet friends that came out to celebrate with us. It's hard to take pics, or do anything really, when you have kids to watch, feed and clean up after. But I that's all your life should be about anyway when you're 30 with kids.

And I saved my favorite pic for last. I bet when Barker met Tom and Rebekah in college they didn't think 'Hey! I bet one day our son and your daughter will be sleeping in the same bed!' But that's just what happened. We bought Audrey the trundle bed so she could have sleep overs and Henry was her first guest. They changed into pajamas, said their prayers, Rebekah and I each read a bed time story and then it was lights out. I thought they'd surely giggle for a while but they passed right out. I crept in a few hours later to take a pic. It was worth risking waking them up. It was just too precious.

Barker was Tom's best man when he married Rebekah, and Tom was the best man in our wedding. And now our little ones are having sleep overs. How sweet is that?

No comments: