Audrey's big sister room is almost completed. She loves it! It's very girly, yet functional. And I had to go with a classic look because I just couldn't stand to look at something tacky or loud like they normally market to little girls. Sorry, no tie die Dora sheets here.

I picked out the furniture ages ago. The paint was the hardest part. I knew exactly the color blue I wanted but had to have sheets to match. Finding those perfect sheets was a chore once I found them matching the paint to them was a breeze! Since the furniture is bright white the ceiling got a fresh coat of super white before the walls were painted Gossamer blue. I don't know how to make my camera capture the colors well, but in person it's very crisp and classic.
Her bed is a trundle for sleep overs and has lots of storage. We also put up a canopy since she's into all the girly princess stuff. She was so excited when she saw it on the floor. She held it up and said 'Mommy I'm gonna get married, just like you!' She thought it was a wedding dress! Ha! Barker quickly squashed that idea, hung the canopy so she could see what it really was, and told her we'd discuss the wedding thing again in 30 years.
She also scored a much larger book shelf for her personal library that includes books from mine and her father's childhood nurseries, in addition to the books we've been buying her since we found out we were expecting her.

Plus I figured the more storage space the better.
I added all sorts of personal touches to her shelf, some new and more grown up, like this bouquet of pale pink roses.

She also snagged the matching dresser for even more storage space.

Everyone I know has this dresser and swears by it.
We kept some decorative items from her nursery.

Like this letter A we bought her on her first trip to Fredericksburg.
And this framed sheet music.
(Again, none of the colors look quite right thanks to my lack of photography skills)

It's Golden Slumbers, by Lennon/McCartney of course.
I also brought in some items I saved from my own nursery 30 years ago.

Like this ballerina music box, since Audrey loves ballet.
And to keep with the ballet hints...

this jewelry box with a ballerina in it, also from my nursery.
Then I topped it all off with a chandelier.

Oh how I love having a little girly girl. : )
I kept a small bit of chocolate brown by way of this glider, frame, laundry basket, and black out curtains simply so I wouldn't have to go hunt down more black out curtains that would work. That's one chore I wasn't up for, so I worked around the existing curtains.

But I'm still on the hunt for a very specific antique vanity with a large mirror and at least 4 drawers in white, or that I can paint a bright white. I'm in no big rush, but I think I should be able to find it next week. When I do find what I'm looking for this chair will be taken out and moved into the baby's room and the vanity will go on this wall, under the frame.
I picked out the furniture ages ago. The paint was the hardest part. I knew exactly the color blue I wanted but had to have sheets to match. Finding those perfect sheets was a chore once I found them matching the paint to them was a breeze! Since the furniture is bright white the ceiling got a fresh coat of super white before the walls were painted Gossamer blue. I don't know how to make my camera capture the colors well, but in person it's very crisp and classic.
Her bed is a trundle for sleep overs and has lots of storage. We also put up a canopy since she's into all the girly princess stuff. She was so excited when she saw it on the floor. She held it up and said 'Mommy I'm gonna get married, just like you!' She thought it was a wedding dress! Ha! Barker quickly squashed that idea, hung the canopy so she could see what it really was, and told her we'd discuss the wedding thing again in 30 years.
She also scored a much larger book shelf for her personal library that includes books from mine and her father's childhood nurseries, in addition to the books we've been buying her since we found out we were expecting her.

Plus I figured the more storage space the better.
I added all sorts of personal touches to her shelf, some new and more grown up, like this bouquet of pale pink roses.
She also snagged the matching dresser for even more storage space.

Everyone I know has this dresser and swears by it.
We kept some decorative items from her nursery.
Like this letter A we bought her on her first trip to Fredericksburg.
And this framed sheet music.
(Again, none of the colors look quite right thanks to my lack of photography skills)

It's Golden Slumbers, by Lennon/McCartney of course.
I also brought in some items I saved from my own nursery 30 years ago.

Like this ballerina music box, since Audrey loves ballet.
And to keep with the ballet hints...
this jewelry box with a ballerina in it, also from my nursery.
Then I topped it all off with a chandelier.

Oh how I love having a little girly girl. : )
I kept a small bit of chocolate brown by way of this glider, frame, laundry basket, and black out curtains simply so I wouldn't have to go hunt down more black out curtains that would work. That's one chore I wasn't up for, so I worked around the existing curtains.

But I'm still on the hunt for a very specific antique vanity with a large mirror and at least 4 drawers in white, or that I can paint a bright white. I'm in no big rush, but I think I should be able to find it next week. When I do find what I'm looking for this chair will be taken out and moved into the baby's room and the vanity will go on this wall, under the frame.
No comments:
Post a Comment