Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year Audrey got to trick or treat for the first time. I for one was very excited! Audrey can't eat candy yet so she got to have all the fun and I got to keep all the candy! That's a win win!



We started out at my friend April's house here in Prosper. She and Sandee went all out with the decor, food, and even had a bounce house! We all had a good time catching up while the kids played and waited for it to get dark.

Audrey being pushed in the swing



Audi and a bunch of the kids in the bounce house



Audrey and some of her friends playing in the back yard



Kassie loving on Luke



Our fantastic hostesses Sandee and April


When it finally got dark we made a block hitting up a haunted garage and all the houses with lights on.

If the house had steep steps one of us would go with her...



but most of the time she didn't need us and just followed the other kids up to the door.
(She's the tiny one in the back.)



By house two or three she had the hang of it.



Audrey made lots of friends tonight. This lady had an England Footie sticker on her door so I wondered what kind of candy she would be passing out. I love candy from across the pond and was hoping for some Maltesers, Flake or something from Cadbury. But I knew it was a long shot. So imagine my surprise when she gave Audrey a big bag of Jelly Babies!!! Score! She's gonna love them!



After a few houses she didn't even need the big kids to lead the way. She'd run up, ring the bell and say Happy Halloween and thank you all by herself!



By the time we made our way around half the block her bucket was so heavy Daddy and I had to take turns carrying it.



My little Jessie did so great! She was friendly, fearless, polite and followed every direction from hand holding to staying on the sidewalk. It was all around a great first trick or treating experience and I'm glad we were able to share it with so many friends from the Prosper Mom's Group. I honestly don't think she would have understood what we were doing or had nearly as much fun had she not had bigger kids to lead the way around the neighborhood.

We made it back to April's at 8 (bedtime) so we threw our tired little Jessie in the car and headed home to finish watching the Rangers.

Rangers Jack-o-lantern

I gave Audrey a quick bath and after I put her Buzz Lightyear jammies on she sprinted to her bed. She was out before I reached the light switch. That bounce house and trick or treating must have been quite the work out!

She'll be so excited tomorrow when she sees her loot. In addition to the Dum Dums, Smarties and tiny Tootsie Rolls I'll let her have in moderation, she scored Sun Chips, which she loves thanks to my friend Johanna, and Play-Doh, which she can play with when she's 8!

What a great night with my little family.

No comments: