Friday, October 1, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Jamison

Last Friday night two of our friends, Jay and Repsie, tied the knot.
I normally try to get a lot of pictures but I've really dropped the ball on the last few weddings we've been to. Sorry Rep.

Repsie and her grandfather

What you can't see is that this is the exact second I was mortified...everyone stood to watch the bride walk down the aisle and some raised their cameras, prompting Audrey to yell "cheese!" Wow! Two year olds just love to shock you in public, don't they?

After the wedding in a super cute little chapel we headed over to the reception.
(No pit stop at a bar mitzvah this time.)

Mr. and Mrs. Jamison



I think the guys had a good time catching up. Barker only sees Tom maybe once a year now, when one of us has a baby. I wish I would have gotten a better picture, instead of the back of Tom's head.


While the guys caught up, I spent the night chasing Audrey around and begging her to eat. She just wanted to dance and play ring around the rosies with Jay's niece. I couldn't even get her to eat cake!



Audrey danced with Daddy...


The bride...


And thought very seriously about accepting the groom's invitation.


Kraemer spent the weekend with us and it was so good to see him. I think it had been several years. I think he's going to stay in Birmingham but we've started a petition to lure him to Dallas.


Audrey really enjoyed the bubbles everyone blew as the bride and groom left in their horse drawn carriage. At this point I really needed to get out of there before I lost my temper. I don't think I even said goodbye to anyone. I have a hard time biting my tongue and Repsie's wedding coordinator (I use that term loosely as she spent most of the night dancing and giving my child evil looks) was probably the rudest person I've ever met and I actually had a bruise on my lip the next day from biting it, to keep from yelling at her, causing a scene, embarrassing my husband, and ending up on You Tube.

Anyway- the next day we got up at 6 and did the 5k for Jo, and then rushed home and had all of Jay's college friends that were still in town for the wedding over to grill out. My husband makes great filet mignon fajitas!
But again Audrey was too excited to sit still and eat. I actually had to get my lap top and put a DVD in it just to get her to sit in the dining room and eat for a few minutes. Great parenting, I know. But I was desperate to get more than a cracker in her.


I wish Margaret didn't have baby drunk face in this picture. I had to make Barker put her down before he got baby fever. She made me realize my house is in no way baby proof since we moved here when Audrey was 11 months old and no longer put things in her mouth that weren't food. Margaret however ate dirt and who knows what else during her visit. Audrey would also try to feed her inappropriate things the second either myself or Rebekah would turn around. I'm glad Audrey likes to share but she doesn't understand that babies can't have an entire cheese stick or big sharp tortilla chip. It can be quite stressful. Sorry Rebekah!



Brad brought enough drinks for 100 people and some game he called 'redneck golf.' Surprise, surprise, Barker was an instant pro at that just like he is every other game or sport he tries. Annoying. He never lets me win.

And while the boys played outside, the kids played inside.

Rebekah played guitar in Audrey's kiddie cave while Margaret chewed on a My Little Pony.


Audrey only plays in her ball pit when she has friends over.


MG showing off those baby blues.


For the record, Margaret did arrive in a lovely dress but after the above mentioned dirt eating, she was better off in a diaper.


Don't they look like they've just been busted?
On a side note, if you took a picture of their daddies side by side and scaled them down to this size, the height difference would be even greater ; )

But as night fell the kids went home, Audrey went to bed, and everyone else watched football.



It was a wonderful weekend and I'm glad we all got to celebrate with Jay and Rep, hang out, and catch up before our friends had to leave Texas. I'm so lucky that I married a guy with such great friends, and their wives are all pretty awesome, too. : )

No comments: