Saturday, October 30, 2010

Surprise!

Barker took off work on Friday so we could head to the ranch for the last weekend of bow season. He really wanted to get the buck that he broke the antler off of earlier this season.

We got up Friday morning and finally got my car totally fixed. For those of you who haven't heard me complain about my car....week before last when Audrey was at school my light came on that said I needed an oil change. In Arlington I lived just a few miles from an Acura dealership but now the nearest one is in SE Plano. Ugh. So I took it to the closest oil change place, in McKinney. They broke my dip stick. Awesome. So I had to order one from Acura. The closest dip stick was in Houston. Again, awesome. They shipped it and I had it the next day. Then I had to take it to a mechanic so he could dig the original dip stick out and replace it. Which he did and found something else that needed to be replaced. So then I took my car to a place in Frisco to have the oil change finally done. And they broke it. Again. But not the dip stick this time....the entire oil pan. So they call me back and tell me they're going to have my car towed because it has no oil in it, due to the pan they broke. Yet again, awesome. And of course those are also Acura specific so I was with out a car from Friday until Tuesday. I'm sure I could have picked up a rental but being Friday night, the Rangers were playing so we just wanted to get home. So Tuesday I get my car back, then take it back to the mechanic who fixed my dip stick so he could replace the other part he noticed was broken, which of course, Acura had to order. So......by Friday morning he was done with my car and we were packed and ready to head to the ranch.

We had only made it to Morgan when we got the phone call that 'Surprise!' my little brother's wife was in labor. So we turned around and 3 1/2 hours later we were home again. Whew!

That night at the hospital Audrey had a grand time while waiting on the baby to arrive.

She and Daddy practiced letters on the chalk board.



And she watched a little bit of some Disney cartoon.


And finally Callie Elizabeth Bentley arrived!

She was measuring 37 weeks
5lbs 13oz
18.5 inches long
head full of dark hair
gorgeous skin



Audrey finally got to meet her new little cousin late Friday night, a whopping 3 hours past her bed time! But she was a real trooper and little Callie was well worth the wait.

Congrats to the happy little family.

No comments: