Sunday, October 10, 2010

Birthday Extravaganza!

I think this might have been the best birthday to date! Barker had been out of town for a week but he more than made up for it by coming home with gifts and big plans for the weekend!
It started out with the State Fair on Friday which means that instead of birthday cake I got funnel cake! Score! It was a gorgeous day and a great way to kick off the weekend.

Audrey loved the huge swans you can ride. There were also some HUGE turtles and fish in the pond and she had fun waving at them all.


She is at the age where she wants to run instead of being in the stroller and I must admit, she did better with holding our hands than I thought she would! Plus, we went on a week day so it wasn't super busy.


me and my switched at birth baby


I had no idea Barker got a picture of her tiny kisses until I downloaded all of these today.
What a sweet surprise.


There were these colorful flower sculptures near the gate where we parked.
They were pretty fab!

That night we went to Bob's Steak and Chop House for dinner. Yum. And the next day we went to the Ranger game. They lost, as I'm sure you heard. But that was the only damper on my birthday weekend extravaganza. Well, that and Audrey had a bit of an upset tummy on Saturday. No, not from Fair food. I'm a mean mom that didn't let her eat any junk at the fair.

On Sunday Barker had an outdoor game (he scored both of his team's goals, my superstar) so Audrey and I got to enjoy some more sunshine. (Well, I held an umbrella over her so she more or less enjoyed the breeze. I'm a stickler when it comes to sun exposure and my baby.)

It was a fun filled weekend and I'm so thankful that I got to spend it with my favorite people in the whole world!

No comments: