This was my first Mother's Day and it was the best day I could have imagined. My every day life is pretty wonderful so I wasn't sure what Barker was going to do to make this day just a little more special. But he had some ideas.
First off Barker's mother sent me a huge gift basket so that Barker could make me breakfast in bed. It had everything in it he would need from the pancake mix to tea, biscotti, cookies, the serving tray and even the cloth napkin. It was a big surprise and so very thoughtful of her. And Audrey and I both quite enjoyed our pancakes in bed.
Barker and Audrey got me a very sweet and funny card, pink roses and an iRobot Roomba 530. That way I don't have to sweep and vaccuum our hardwood, tile and carpet everyday. It seemed like a never ending process once Audrey became more mobile. My back greatly appreciates the gift.


After breakfast we spent most of the day at the zoo. It wasn't crowded and the weather was perfect. I have a membership but due to the rain and then all this swine flu business, I had yet to take her. So for Mother's Day we took our little cuddle bug to the zoo for the very first time.

She did just great! She loves being outside and she likes big animals so she was all about the zoo.

We saw every animal there except for the reptiles and we had a blast!

Audrey loved the flamingos. She kept waving at them. So cute.





She likes to pet things so this goat and chicken were kind enough to let her give them a little pat on the back.



We have several books about Texas but I was sure to buy one about the alligators in Louisiana since her daddy lived there for so many years. We've read it several times.


We got to see all kinds of animals that we read about.
Like this one for example, we've also read Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?





The penguins were quite fun! One in particular liked to put on a show.

He kept coming up to Audrey and swimming back and forth in front of her.

She was trying to get to him through the glass.







Oh and she really wanted to pet the Meerkats.

My loves. Could they be any cuter?




Before we left we stopped by the gift shop to get Audrey a souvenir. She got this little pink bush baby thingy that whistles.

When we got home Barker made one of my many favorite things for dinner. He's such a great cook so there are many things that he makes that I really love so it's hard to pick just one favorite. But he decided on his fried shrimp and I was not disappointed. Then he made me a big pink cake. It was a cherry cake with cherry icing. He spelled out either Mom or Wow on top, depending on how you turn it. Either way it was yummy and he doesn't do much baking so I thought it was just too sweet that he actually made a cake instead of just going out and buying one.

So all and all it was an absolutely perfect day and I'm so thankful every day for such a wonderful husband and daughter. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
First off Barker's mother sent me a huge gift basket so that Barker could make me breakfast in bed. It had everything in it he would need from the pancake mix to tea, biscotti, cookies, the serving tray and even the cloth napkin. It was a big surprise and so very thoughtful of her. And Audrey and I both quite enjoyed our pancakes in bed.
Barker and Audrey got me a very sweet and funny card, pink roses and an iRobot Roomba 530. That way I don't have to sweep and vaccuum our hardwood, tile and carpet everyday. It seemed like a never ending process once Audrey became more mobile. My back greatly appreciates the gift.

After breakfast we spent most of the day at the zoo. It wasn't crowded and the weather was perfect. I have a membership but due to the rain and then all this swine flu business, I had yet to take her. So for Mother's Day we took our little cuddle bug to the zoo for the very first time.
She did just great! She loves being outside and she likes big animals so she was all about the zoo.
We saw every animal there except for the reptiles and we had a blast!
Audrey loved the flamingos. She kept waving at them. So cute.
She likes to pet things so this goat and chicken were kind enough to let her give them a little pat on the back.
We have several books about Texas but I was sure to buy one about the alligators in Louisiana since her daddy lived there for so many years. We've read it several times.
We got to see all kinds of animals that we read about.
Like this one for example, we've also read Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
The penguins were quite fun! One in particular liked to put on a show.
He kept coming up to Audrey and swimming back and forth in front of her.
She was trying to get to him through the glass.
Oh and she really wanted to pet the Meerkats.
My loves. Could they be any cuter?
Before we left we stopped by the gift shop to get Audrey a souvenir. She got this little pink bush baby thingy that whistles.
When we got home Barker made one of my many favorite things for dinner. He's such a great cook so there are many things that he makes that I really love so it's hard to pick just one favorite. But he decided on his fried shrimp and I was not disappointed. Then he made me a big pink cake. It was a cherry cake with cherry icing. He spelled out either Mom or Wow on top, depending on how you turn it. Either way it was yummy and he doesn't do much baking so I thought it was just too sweet that he actually made a cake instead of just going out and buying one.

So all and all it was an absolutely perfect day and I'm so thankful every day for such a wonderful husband and daughter. I'm pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
2 comments:
That is awesome! So glad your first Mother's Day was wonderful! Many more to come!!!!! :)
That is awesome! So glad your first Mother's Day was great! Many more to come! :)
Post a Comment