Well, as usual I put off my home work as room mom until the last minute. I needed to make treats or cards or something for Audrey's Valentine's Day party at school. It's scheduled to take place in oh, 9 hours or so. So is 5 inches of snow. But I knew if I didn't make these, sure enough the storm would miss us, Audrey would have school and I'd have to get up at 5am to make Valentine's cards. So here I am. After midnight. 8 hours until school starts. It didn't take long to make them but I got home late tonight. I went to Ernesto's with some of my friends here in Prosper for a meeting to discuss a reorganization of the Mom's group.....also known as swirly margaritas.
Anyway- I've got them done. I took a little glue, a little paper, and some romantic Valentine's Day type music from Cee Lo and The Beastie Boys. Ok, maybe not romantic but whatever. They're done. Gift bags and cards for her 5 classmates and her teacher.

Ms. Tracy gets home made apricot jelly. Audrey's classmates get a card with a lollipop attached that says "Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet friend" simply because I couldn't make my brain work well enough to come up with anything clever and I couldn't very well say "Happy Valentine's Day Sucker" so I made the lollipops look like flowers....sorta....if you hold it far away and squint and have had a swirly margarita. And lollipops are sweet. So there you go.
They also get gift bags containing a ball, raisins, heart shaped stickers, mints, fruit snacks and a tiara for the girls.

Tripp's is sans tiara.

I made one for Audrey too so she didn't feel left out.
And no, I don't have that steady of a hand so I used the heart shaped cookie cutter Rebekah gave us at the wedding shower she threw us over 4 years ago. I bet she had no idea how much use that cookie cutter would get. I've used it to made cookies, sandwiches, pancakes and tonight, Valentine's Day cards.
Oh! And Beastie Boys are done. Now it's onto Ray Lamontagne's You Are The Best Thing, which is one of my many slow dance in the kitchen with my husband songs. Everybody's got those, right? No? Get one.
Anyway- I've got them done. I took a little glue, a little paper, and some romantic Valentine's Day type music from Cee Lo and The Beastie Boys. Ok, maybe not romantic but whatever. They're done. Gift bags and cards for her 5 classmates and her teacher.
Ms. Tracy gets home made apricot jelly. Audrey's classmates get a card with a lollipop attached that says "Happy Valentine's Day to my sweet friend" simply because I couldn't make my brain work well enough to come up with anything clever and I couldn't very well say "Happy Valentine's Day Sucker" so I made the lollipops look like flowers....sorta....if you hold it far away and squint and have had a swirly margarita. And lollipops are sweet. So there you go.
They also get gift bags containing a ball, raisins, heart shaped stickers, mints, fruit snacks and a tiara for the girls.
Tripp's is sans tiara.
I made one for Audrey too so she didn't feel left out.
And no, I don't have that steady of a hand so I used the heart shaped cookie cutter Rebekah gave us at the wedding shower she threw us over 4 years ago. I bet she had no idea how much use that cookie cutter would get. I've used it to made cookies, sandwiches, pancakes and tonight, Valentine's Day cards.
Oh! And Beastie Boys are done. Now it's onto Ray Lamontagne's You Are The Best Thing, which is one of my many slow dance in the kitchen with my husband songs. Everybody's got those, right? No? Get one.
No comments:
Post a Comment