This year we went to a Halloween party in the same neighborhood as last year but this time it was at my friend Erica's house. Lots of yummy food, tons of friends, and plenty of homes to trick or treat.
Audrey was an old pro. Huddie and Daddy were troopers. The weather was perfect. A great time was had by all.
Kylie as Pocahontas and Audrey as Dorothy
In the back ground we have an LSU football player, Mario and Ariel.
The costume I liked the most this year was a girl at the zoo dressed as Katniss from The Hunger Games complete with a real bow and her signature braided hair.
I was so proud of Audrey when we trick or treated. She wasn't scared. She lead the way to every door, said "happy Halloween" or "trick or treat" and "thank you" instead of the knock knock "gimme some candy!" some kids burst out with. And she made quite a haul. Sweet girl even remembered Kit Kats are her Daddy's favourite and grabbed some for him. And the best part...she held my hand A LOT. I know those days are numbered so I cherish them.
Dorothy and her lion who found his courage.
None of the costumes or decor scared him a bit.
He also found Pirate's Booty and scarfed down an entire individual sized bag in no time.
Daddy was scheduled to coach but none of his 6 year old boys showed up (wonder what they were doing? Trick or treating, duh!) so he was able to rush back to Prosper to meet us in time to head to the party. That was the best treat of all! This is one of those days I look forward to all year as a parent (There is nothing better than seeing your child's face light up!) and it wouldn't have been the same had he not been able to join us.
It was a happy Halloween for sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment