I don't normally think babies should be bedazzled. That's just not my thing. In college a friend of mine had holes in her ears that were way off center. She said it was because her parents did her ears when she was a tiny baby and then her ears grew and grew and the holes became off center.
So I always thought I'd let Audrey get her ears pierced when she asked for it and could take care of them herself, and I figured that would be around 1st grade. But at the tender age of 4 she started asking. Said that's what she was going to put on her list for Santa. I'm sure he keeps one of those guns in his sleigh. I told Audrey I thought that wasn't for babies and she informed me that she isn't a baby. Sigh. She's right.
We were at the mall and Barker pointed it out. It was like a plaster, as Audrey calls them, that's a Band-Aid to the rest of you. I couldn't think about it. I just had to let her do it before I thought too much and freaked out.
I showed her the options. She immediately chose the pink glitter hearts. She's always asking for purple or diamond earrings so I asked her 3 times if she was sure she didn't want diamonds. She stuck to her guns. Speaking of guns, they no longer use those loud guns. I had prepared her for them. I told her it would be loud and might hurt for a second and that I'd have to clean them several times a day and twist them. She didn't care. She was all in. To my surprise there are no longer guns. Just these single use sterile plastic things. Great.
So I grabbed the camera and hoped it didn't hurt her too badly. I waited for her to swat their hands when the sting hit. Started taking pictures. And then nothing happened. Not a flinch. She said it didn't hurt. Huh. She just looked a little anxious like she was waiting for the noise I had warned her of, then looked at me like she was confused when it never happened. I held the mirror out and she was so happy!
looking at me like I'm crazy old for thinking there would be some loud bang
Daddy loves them
tiny and cute to boot
I couldn't help it. As much as I wanted to be against permanently
changing my baby's body I couldn't help but think she looked adorable.
And the pink hearts were perfect. Tiny and cute, just like her. My
little trooper. She's let me clean and twirl them 3 times a day with no
issues. And she shows them to everyone we see. She loves them.
No comments:
Post a Comment