Sunday, November 25, 2012

They See Me Rollin'

We finally upgraded Audrey to a big girl bike. I know, kinda past due being 4 and all but hey, better late than never, right?
For several months we've been planning on letting Santa give her a bike for Christmas but the weather is still so nice in November that neither of us wanted to wait any longer. And truth be told Barker is just awful at keeping gifts surprises. I rarely get a gift on my actual birthday or Christmas. They're always burning holes in his pockets. In fact, when ever I give him a baby he gives me a diamond band. His little tradition. He gave me one for Hudson when I was still in ICU and not even very coherent. I didn't know if it was day or night or even what day of the week it was. I was so out of it. Maybe he was hoping to cheer me up since they wouldn't bring my baby to me in ICU, or perhaps he just couldn't bring himself to hold onto the ring any longer. Probably both. So yeah, we're awful at waiting. So we told her that we ran it by Santa and he said it was OK if we gave her a bike early, that it was one less thing he'd have to fit in the sleigh this Christmas. Not surprisingly, she didn't mind one bit.

I knew she'd love the bike. She was asking for a bell for a bike before she wanted an actual bike, so I was sure Barker bought one. And I told him that the first thing she would ask for upon seeing it is for him to take the stabilizers off. And sure enough, she saw it...squealed...hugged him...thanked him...looked at it again...and then asked him to take the stabilizers off. ha! I know my girl. 

No comments: