Sunday, April 29, 2012

A No Go

At Hudson's four month doctor appointment the pediatrician noticed him eye balling and attempting to swat at Audrey's granola bar. She asked if I was giving him food yet. No! I exclaimed. I don't feed my kids food until 6 months. Their inherited air born allergies are bad enough with out adding food allergies to the mix for feeding them anything other than breast milk or formula before four months. But his pediatrician said he seems to be ready to eat and the AAP or whatever it's called has decided four months is the earliest it's safe to start. (Not that I trust everything they say) But I do trust my pedi and Hudson seems to want to eat. He does not like sitting with us at the table and not being able to partake. So at four months and one week I went against my better judgement and give a tiny bit of cereal a try. Barker wasn't here to witness the torture I was inflicting upon our child because he was at our Arlington house, as always, painting. So I had to go it alone. The first time we tried to give Audrey cereal she was less than thrilled. Really, she cried and passed out. And true to form, Hudson was no different.
 Hudson crying after I attempted just one bite


Hudson passed out


Audrey's first attempt at cereal


Audrey passed out after her second attempt


I emailed Barker some pics before I put our beloved monster to bed. Audrey and I spent the rest of our Friday night dressing up as ballerinas, dancing to Les Mis and Abba, and watching BBC. It was a good night. Then we went to bed and Hudson decided to get up like 6 times for some reason. Awesome. That will teach me to make my little man angry.
On Saturday night we were busy from sun up to sun down and the kids both had to go to bed two hours past bedtime so we didn't attempt cereal again. Ugh. I was dreading what that late bed time would do to their sleeping. And our good sleeping baby of course woke up a few times but luckily for us he'd pass back out with out much effort on our parts. I didn't even have to nurse him until he got up for the day at 6:30. Yes, that's still earlier than he usually wakes up but when you throw off a baby's sleep schedule by that much you can usually expect even worse results. 
Sunday Barker gave cereal a try with no better results. Hope our good sleeper doesn't revolt against us again tonight. I was really sick last week and missed the last two days of boot camp but Monday morning at 4:20 it's back to work. Sleep baby sleep!


No comments: