We've been so busy lately, I don't even know where to begin.
Our Arlington rental property has been very time consuming. Ugh. It's too annoying to even blog about. The only plus is that we've been able to spend lots of time with our besties that live just around the corner, and take TONS of clothes and toys to a woman in my mom's group that lost her home and all of her belongings in last week's tornadoes. My other two moms groups pitched in everything from clothes to a high chair, so much so that the family in need couldn't use it all and passed it along to Mission Arlington to disperse among other families in need. My 3 moms groups really stepped up to take care of this family. I have great friends and I'm convinced Jo can organize anything!
And over the past 3 weeks we've been to countless Easter egg hunts and parties at church, school, etc. I don't like for Audrey to eat much candy or sugar so I sent all of it to work with Barker. We're talking at least 4 pounds. She still has some Hershey's Kisses left from Valentine's Day, plus she had juice AND mini popsicles at Olivia's Saturday (two things so sugary I never buy them, making them quite the treat) so don't feel too bad for her.
I didn't care to bother with my camera so here are a few pics Jo took of H and A this weekend.
Gray and Hudson, looking like siblings.
It still cracks me up that Hudson got my biological dad's genes, with his light hair, skin and eyes. Not cause that's so unheard of, but because Audrey looks so much like me at 3 but with Barker's eyes and some curl to her hair. So we just kinda figured Hudson would look like her or maybe have darker hair. Arriving blonde was not something we had anticipated. Still waiting for it to fall out and grow back dark.
Audrey with the Easter bunny in Pantego.
I've never had her sit with an Easter bunny before and she wasn't real keen on him, but she sucked it up long enough for Jo to snap a pic.
Not sure what this is about. She's pulling some funny face that makes her look like a totally different and apparently cross eyed kid, but it'll have to do.
Today she and Barker are paying dearly for being outside so much lately.
Allergy season has arrived.
Oh, and another way Barker will be paying for this weekend...he owes his daughter a pair of shoes. Even though she hunted eggs a thousand times over the past few weeks he took her out Sunday...IN THE MUD... and trashed her new shoes. She's worn them maybe twice. When he told me he was taking her outside I said 'Seriously? In the mud? In her new shoes? Not in the garage or on the porch?' I thought he would let her barefoot it or piggy back her. But no. She came back in two minutes later with her new shoes trashed. I tried 3 different methods of cleaning to try to salvage them but this is as good as it gets...
Yeah. I am not happy. Audrey loves shoes so she's less than thrilled as well. If he's going to trash her shoes I wish he'd have done a cheap pair like her flip flops. But not her new keds that she can wear with anything. (We had been at church so she had these on with her dress.) Ugh! Boys. They just don't understand the concept of taking care of things. So Audrey and I are going to Willow Bend tomorrow so his debit card can make it up to her.
But on the bright side, he did attempt to teach Audrey to play checkers. Hudson was taking forever to eat so by the time he got close to finished I got up to make a plate and there wasn't anything left but some cold baked beans and ham. Sigh. My slow eating child. So I was starving. The two bites of beans didn't hold me over. But Barker was nice enough to stop at Cracker Barrel on the way home (even though he hates that place) cause it was one of the few places that were open on Easter. While there he and Hudson tried to teach Audrey to play.
Sorry they're so small but they were taken with my iPhone.




No comments:
Post a Comment