Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let it snow: 2011 Edition

We woke up at 9:30 this morning expecting to see snow. We just saw rain. But around 11 or so I looked out and noticed the neighbor's roof was turning white. Soon after every thing was blanketed in a crisp white layer of snow.
Emily sent me a text saying she wanted to see pictures of Audrey playing it, so here they are. I grabbed some clothes and ordered Barker out in it. I took pictures from the safety of the front porch. : )

Barker eating snow



And getting Audrey to take a bite.



Audrey making foot prints in the drive way.



Her little foot



They made a little snow man. Barker didn't bother to put on gloves but Audrey was smarter and started to roll the snow into a ball. No idea where she learned to do that?! We sure didn't teach her. She's just a natural snow angel I suppose. Maybe it's time for her first ski trip?!!

Then she wanted to throw snow balls so they dismembered poor mini snow man and threw him into the street.

Barker throwing the largest bit of snow man.



Audrey winding up and throwing (with her left hand, of course) her tiny bit of snow man.



She loved it! I think last year she was just kinda confused about why she was wearing so many layers amidst all the white stuff. But this year she would have stayed out much longer if her dad wasn't ready to warm his hands and make lunch. Maybe before dinner they can go back out for round two. The snow doesn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon.

No comments: