Baby Quin!

Our friends Will and Shannon Schaffler welcomed beautiful baby Quin on Christmas Day, 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Because who could be a better birthday buddy than JC?
We were just able to meet his sweet self tonight, a week and a half later, because we were out of town when we got word of his arrival. And then we all got sick. Boo! So I had to make sure all three of us had several days of being fever free under our belts before I dared take them dinner. So in exchange for one of Barker's chicken pot pies I got lots of cuddle time with Quin. I wish I was a better photographer so I could truly show how precious this baby is.

The proud daddy and baby Quin
We laughed when we got home (after stuffing our faces at Angry Dog) because Will and Shannon seemed so calm and in control, like this was their 7th kid, not their first. At a week and a half I was still in the 'holy crap, this is our kid...what do we do now?' stage. But they're naturals.
Audrey grinned from ear to ear when she got to see the baby, and then she was out to see the dogs. When she came back she was less than thrilled to see I was still holding the baby. I thought maybe she was wanting to hold him (ha, fat chance kid) but nope, she wanted to be held. Jealous much? Maybe she does have some of my genes buried in her DNA somewhere after all.
Our friends Will and Shannon Schaffler welcomed beautiful baby Quin on Christmas Day, 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Because who could be a better birthday buddy than JC?
We were just able to meet his sweet self tonight, a week and a half later, because we were out of town when we got word of his arrival. And then we all got sick. Boo! So I had to make sure all three of us had several days of being fever free under our belts before I dared take them dinner. So in exchange for one of Barker's chicken pot pies I got lots of cuddle time with Quin. I wish I was a better photographer so I could truly show how precious this baby is.
The proud daddy and baby Quin
We laughed when we got home (after stuffing our faces at Angry Dog) because Will and Shannon seemed so calm and in control, like this was their 7th kid, not their first. At a week and a half I was still in the 'holy crap, this is our kid...what do we do now?' stage. But they're naturals.
Audrey grinned from ear to ear when she got to see the baby, and then she was out to see the dogs. When she came back she was less than thrilled to see I was still holding the baby. I thought maybe she was wanting to hold him (ha, fat chance kid) but nope, she wanted to be held. Jealous much? Maybe she does have some of my genes buried in her DNA somewhere after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment