Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Audrey was so into Halloween this year but like most retail stores she has skipped right over Thanksgiving and moved onto obsessing about Christmas. She tried to make me buy a $300 baby Jesus at Hobby Lobby recently and won't stop going on and on about decorating the tree. I'm just not buying a $300 plastic baby Jesus or putting up a tree until the day after turkey day... but she just can't wait. And Barker and I can't seem to deny her a thing. So what was I to do? 

You guessed it. I caved and while she was at school I bought her her very own 4ft tree for her room. It's supposed to be very safe but it still makes me nervous, to be honest. But oh the look on her face when she saw it in her room. Pure joy. 'For me?' she exclaimed. So sweet.
She and her daddy put a few ornaments on it after dinner. Some turquoise glitter balls and of course, a yellow submarine and Sargent Pepper ornaments. She quickly pointed out that it still needs a star.

And then she did whatever this is. I don't know. Crazy kid. 
Merry Christmas, extra early.

No comments: