Saturday, April 16, 2011

Slip and Slide

Wow! What a weekend! Friday started out stressful. The insurance adjuster decided we needed a new roof, windows, mail box, paint on trim, garage doors, stain on the fence, shudders, and Audrey's swing set and both a/c units. And the adjuster for Barker's truck decided it wasn't totaled, yay, just $9 grand in damages. I'm not excited about all of those repairs but I can't complain. Of everyone I know here in Prosper we're the only one with out shattered windows so I feel like we lucked out big time. But after all that mess we were ready for the weekend, as I'm sure most Prosper residents were.

We went to my little brother's house and Audrey scored an Easter basket from my mom which she enjoyed very much. Unfortunately I started to feel terrible as soon as we walked in the door. I felt like I was coming down with something. It was soon time to leave to meet my older brother for dinner and luckily by the time we arrived I was feeling fine. Guess it was just some weird fluke.

Jeff and the boys met us at Trail Dust in Denton. I thought the boys would enjoy the slide and dance floor after being in a car from Austin all afternoon.

Audrey and Barker cut a rug, which is what they do in our living room most nights.

But Audrey got to the top of the slide and decided it was too high.

So Barker went to retrieve her.

And Beck and Bristol put the slide to good use.

It was the perfect choice for dinner. Food was really good. Exceeded my expectations. And the kids had a great time! When we left Audrey was worn out. She kept asking Barker to take her to her bed. I think it was a good 2 hours past her bed time but it was Friday and her cousins were in town so she was a trooper!

The next morning we had to wake her up early to head to the Warrior Dash with the usual suspects.

Mike, Zane, Barker and Jeff
Apparently Jeff was the only one that noticed I was about to take the standard 'before' picture.

While the guys ran I got some much needed sunshine and girl talk with my beloved Lacy.

Zane got 3rd place, even with a sprained ankle.


His forehead was all that was visible in the final obstacle, the barbed wire mud pit.

Barker wasn't far behind him.

Not bad considering he ran a half marathon Sunday and has played in 2 soccer games since then.




Hot on his heels was Jeff.

This water is 6 feet deep....just kidding.

Then the Lamber...



I some how missed Kris and V. Bummer.


My dirty husband


He stuck his hand out to Audrey but she wanted nothing to do with him. She kept talking about how all the runners were dirty, shooooooooey, and needed to take a bath or shower.


Audrey enjoyed taking pictures with Lacy's super cute hot pink camera.


Mike


I didn't remember to get the typical 'after' pic. This will have to do. Zane was already semi clean by the time I saw him.


Kris and V

Audrey loved playing with her cousins while everyone cleaned up.

They threw a football and ran up and down a hill.


And of course they danced. Audrey is a dancing Queen and she doesn't care who's looking.


Sweet cousins. She hugs them non stop and tells them how much she loves them. If Barker was to ever get a job transfer to Austin, these kids are one of the many reasons I wouldn't be disappointed.


making friends


Setting your free beer in your kid's stroller while you change clothes, now that's good parenting. Oops.


And a mostly clean after shot.
Good times : )

No comments: