Since we started out to the Ranch last weekend so Barker could bow hunt, but didn't make it because my new niece Callie had better plans for us, we went out this weekend for 3 days.

As soon as Barker put down his rifle Audrey decided it was time to dance.

Audrey and her Pop breakin' it down
I knew then she was excited to be there which meant we were in for an exhausting weekend!

Then she wanted to go outside which meant she had to bundle up.
We finally got her to go to bed in her new room. Barker went out to the ranch for a week a month or so ago to help my dad add two more bedrooms, another bathroom and a back porch onto the cabin.
5 am arrived earlier than I had expected. I don't know how Barker gets up at that time to run nearly every week day. Yuck. And I can't do coffee so hot chocolate would have to do.

This is me looking very excited to be in the freezing cold deer blind hours before I normally crawl out of bed. The things we do for love.
When we got back to the cabin Cody and Maverick were already napping in the hammock.

I was jealous.
And before I knew it, it was time to go back out for the afternoon hunt.
It's been obvious for a long time that Barker has changed immensely (for the better!) since we started dating but this was the moment that I realized how much he had changed me. We got to the blind and I realized that we left our iPhones in the cabin. I made him race back so we could follow the LSU game. It seems he's brainwashed me a bit.

It didn't take but 5 minutes for him to run there and back on the 4 wheeler.

So he could get me the score.
Oh! We also had cookies, and it was sunny and 70 something outside. Saturday night date night in the deer blind was off to a great start!
And with in an hour and a half Barker had his first buck of the season.

This is the only pic of the deer I'll post because it was quite graphic.
When Barker wasn't murdering deer he spent HOURS walking Audrey around the ranch, and they visited with and discussed all kinds of things such as fish, turtles, frogs, the cat, dogs and horses. He even tried to teach her to skip rocks.

How blessed are we to have him in our lives?

Daddy and Audrey feeding the fish our left over biscuits.

skipping stones

Daddy pointing out a teeny tiny frog

A carp eating some bread

A little girl named Angel that lives on a near by ranch came up to help us feed the fish. She walked right up and said "Hi. I killed a 9 point yesterday." My jaw dropped. She and Audrey were fast friends.

Audrey showing Maverick some love.



Audrey feed the horses some apples.

And Daddy got kisses.
**Warning** If you don't like my bad parenting, don't read my blog...especially this next bit.

We even let Audrey ride the 4 wheeler with us a little. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, even though I had free range with ours growing up and never had so much as a bruise from it. But I decided I could handle her riding it with both of us holding her and not going more than 3 miles per hour.
(please excuse my lack of make up and Barker's hat hair)
It was a fun and exhausting weekend and Audrey shows no sign of slowing down. She trashed the house the minute we got home. She pulled out every bag of blocks and buckets of toys we keep in her downstairs toy closet and dumped them out all over the living room floor. Barker and I are too tired from the weekend to bother to clean them up so we're just laying here, allowing her to bury us alive with toys.
Life is good.
As soon as Barker put down his rifle Audrey decided it was time to dance.
Audrey and her Pop breakin' it down
I knew then she was excited to be there which meant we were in for an exhausting weekend!
Then she wanted to go outside which meant she had to bundle up.
We finally got her to go to bed in her new room. Barker went out to the ranch for a week a month or so ago to help my dad add two more bedrooms, another bathroom and a back porch onto the cabin.
5 am arrived earlier than I had expected. I don't know how Barker gets up at that time to run nearly every week day. Yuck. And I can't do coffee so hot chocolate would have to do.
This is me looking very excited to be in the freezing cold deer blind hours before I normally crawl out of bed. The things we do for love.
When we got back to the cabin Cody and Maverick were already napping in the hammock.
I was jealous.
And before I knew it, it was time to go back out for the afternoon hunt.
It's been obvious for a long time that Barker has changed immensely (for the better!) since we started dating but this was the moment that I realized how much he had changed me. We got to the blind and I realized that we left our iPhones in the cabin. I made him race back so we could follow the LSU game. It seems he's brainwashed me a bit.
It didn't take but 5 minutes for him to run there and back on the 4 wheeler.
So he could get me the score.
Oh! We also had cookies, and it was sunny and 70 something outside. Saturday night date night in the deer blind was off to a great start!
And with in an hour and a half Barker had his first buck of the season.
This is the only pic of the deer I'll post because it was quite graphic.
When Barker wasn't murdering deer he spent HOURS walking Audrey around the ranch, and they visited with and discussed all kinds of things such as fish, turtles, frogs, the cat, dogs and horses. He even tried to teach her to skip rocks.
How blessed are we to have him in our lives?
Daddy and Audrey feeding the fish our left over biscuits.
skipping stones
Daddy pointing out a teeny tiny frog
A carp eating some bread
A little girl named Angel that lives on a near by ranch came up to help us feed the fish. She walked right up and said "Hi. I killed a 9 point yesterday." My jaw dropped. She and Audrey were fast friends.
Audrey showing Maverick some love.
Audrey feed the horses some apples.
And Daddy got kisses.
**Warning** If you don't like my bad parenting, don't read my blog...especially this next bit.
We even let Audrey ride the 4 wheeler with us a little. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, even though I had free range with ours growing up and never had so much as a bruise from it. But I decided I could handle her riding it with both of us holding her and not going more than 3 miles per hour.
(please excuse my lack of make up and Barker's hat hair)
It was a fun and exhausting weekend and Audrey shows no sign of slowing down. She trashed the house the minute we got home. She pulled out every bag of blocks and buckets of toys we keep in her downstairs toy closet and dumped them out all over the living room floor. Barker and I are too tired from the weekend to bother to clean them up so we're just laying here, allowing her to bury us alive with toys.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment