Saturday, November 13, 2010

Annual Family Portraits 2010

This year I booked our family portraits with my friend Melissa during the month of October. I wanted to take them in Fair Park, but then remembered that the State Fair would be going on and figured that would be a nightmare. So I did some research and found a new location, Dallas Baptist University. It did not disappoint.

When we first arrived Audrey was still in her pajamas and not quite awake. DBU is nearly an hour from our house and we needed the early morning light, so we scooped poor snoozing Audrey out of bed and threw her in the car.



I tried to wake her up and put her in a happy mood but she seemed kind of confused. Then she realized the door behind us had a handle, so of course, she wanted to open the door. From there she became very curious and wanted to run around.



So the first several pictures we took looked like this....herding cats. But she's just two so it's to be expected.



Finally she caved and sat down for a minute.



And then she even gave us a smile!



But she was still pretty clingy.



But that's okay because I love the hand holding pictures.
(Except that I look heavy in this picture. I don't know why. I'm actually at 117 pounds which is what I weighed my freshman year of college, 10 years ago. So I'll have to write that little bit of info on the back of this picture, so I can point that out to my grand kids when I'm 64. Ha!)



So then we changed clothes and headed to a different part of the campus.

We did a little rock climbing. Audrey and Barker were both in western style boots but I was in stilettos. Somehow I managed to not fall into the pond below. Whew!



Audrey loves water. If we go anywhere near a pond, pool, lake, etc. I have to watch her like a hawk. She desperately wanted to take off her boots and get in the pond to look for fish. This might be the only time I've seen her throw a wobbler so early in the morning. She's always super happy in the am but sometimes gets a little cranky close to dinner time or bedtime because she's tired. But when she's adamant about doing something like going swimming, and can't... well all bets are off.


So the next few pictures were of her pouting about wanting her boots off so she could jump in the pond.


Melissa, having two beautiful babies of her own, had the stroke of genius to have Barker throw Audrey in the air.

It made her laugh...and made for some cute pictures.


And that turned her frown upside down!


After that she was happy to be photographed.




Melissa asked me to bring a blanket. We always keep one in Barker's truck for soccer games. It also happens to be the blanket that we used on our first date (a picnic) exactly 5 years to the date, before the morning we took these family pictures!


So with Audrey in a happy mood and the sun starting to beat down on us we quickly snapped a few good pics.


And to make Audrey even happier, we took off her boots so she could run around on the grass. Luckily she didn't get attacked by the tiny ants that were hiding in the grass. Poor Melissa was not as lucky. : (


Oh, and my happy girl loved the chairs Melissa brought for her to sit on.



So we ended up with an abundance of beautiful family pictures thanks to my super talented friend, gorgeous husband that has finally learned to look at the camera and not fake smile, and sweet daughter that forgave me for dragging her from her warm bed.

No comments: