I'm not often the kind to toot my own horn but tonight I, by myself, in the dark and drizzle, took all 3 kids to dinner at Chick-fil-A, the busiest place on Earth, the one on Youree no less, for cupcake decorating night, and then made it back home with all three of them unharmed. {insert slow clap here}
It's not that I was too lazy to make dinner, although that does sound like me. No, you see my children love decorating cupcakes like I love a steaming hot shower free of interruptions by preschoolers, the little Sonic type ice in my drink (because it never seems to attack my face), Barker's squinty eyed smile, the smell of freshly Xeroxed paper or catching a Dave Matthews song from the very beginning on the radio. In other words, it's one of their favorite things in the world. So even though Barker was working until 7:30, and it was rainy, cold, and I'm outnumbered, I took my minions to the dreaded chicken place. The one who's parking lot is like a game of Frogger. And it was worth every germ we came in contact with. They had a blast playing, eating, winning prizes and decorating the hell out of those cupcakes.
Big A's flower
(She came up with this idea alone. I wouldn't have made it back to our table with the chocolate chips, much less come up with the idea to use them and a yellow m&m stolen from brother to make a flower)
Boom.
Parenting 3. That's how it's done.
Now I have to go bathe all 3. If you're Catholic, please light a candle for me now.


No comments:
Post a Comment