Friday, August 9, 2013

You Say It's Your Birthday

For Audrey's birthday we celebrated on her actual day of birth, just the 4 of us, like we always do. Nothing major. We decorated her door with streamers for when she awoke. I made her waffles with whip cream and sprinkles for breakfast before soccer camp. 


And this is the first year she picked out her own cake. It too had sprinkles. The girl loves sprinkles. But what girl doesn't? 

However she did not like turning 5. Claimed she wasn't ready and didn't feel 5. Some ages do seem more intimidating than others to some people I suppose. 

And we did one last party. From here on out I just plan on letting her have a friend or two stay the night or maybe even take a trip some years. But no more overwhelming parties with 2 dozen friends, relatives, themes, and more stress than I want to deal with. My first baby is a big girl now and would much rather have a sleep over, which is more than fine by me. 
So this year we just did a little splash pad party with her play group friends.
Since it's so hot we had the party in the morning, so I brought various donuts instead of cake. Plus, donuts look like floaties, tubes, you know, since it was a water park birthday party. Ok, ok, I know. It's a stretch. Lamest party I've thrown so far. I'm so over it. Can't you tell? Luckily she doesn't seem to mind. Plus, she loves donuts. Especially those with sprinkles. You're shocked, I know.


Her interview:

favorite color- rojo
what do you want to be when you grow up?- an artist
food- apples and spaghetti with meatballs
movie- Alvin and the Chipmunks
song- the song from Wall-E (an instrumental called Define Dancing by Thomas Newman)
place- the park
toy- Melissa & Doug doll house w/ 4 doors and keys
drink- chocolate milk
friend- Camden and Grayden
smell- strawberries
what do you want?- skates (ouch)
tv show- strawberry shortcake
animal- horse
game- checkers
favorite thing to wear- shirt with red roses on it



No comments: