A few weeks ago at soccer camp Audrey made a new friend with, as she called it, short hair...to her neck bumps. And she hasn't stopped talking about cutting her hair off, to the bumps on the back of her neck, since camp ended. I made her sleep on it for a few weeks because I always regret it when I cut my hair. But she was adamant that she wanted to cut her hair off. Okay, its her hair. I assured her that it would grow back slowly should she not like it. And with that we visited the salon.
My brave girl climbed into the chair for a wash and was very still while they measured her pony tail. We were both so excited when they confirmed her hair was in fact long enough to donate to Locks of Love, a charity that takes donated hair and makes wigs out of it for children with cancer.
So they made the big cut for the wig, then an hour later the big reveal was made.
Oh and don't worry about Hudson. The salon had a variety of cookies out so he was pretty patient as the stylist carefully shaped Audrey's layers.
I realize I should have cut his too. He had an appointment. But his hair is so thin above his ears that I don't want to cut it for fear of it looking like a toupee. So I just leave it in this crazy blond mullet and he gets compliments every day. Funny.
Anyway- best part of Audrey's hair cut...
she loves it, too!
We especially loved the look on her daddy's face. He had no idea we had been to the Salon. He thought she looked so beautiful and said he just wished Audrey had talked me into getting the same hair cut because he's always much preferred me with short hair compared to the ultra long hair I always keep. I wouldn't be all that shocked if he cut my hair off as I slept then tried to plant the scissors in Hudson's room. 




No comments:
Post a Comment