Barker swung by briefly to grab some coaching clothes since he was in a suit, then left about 10am after making a salad to take with him to the shop. I was reading Little Blue Truck for the millionth time with Huddie in the back. I had been reading sight words books with Audrey before Hudson decided it was his turn. After 10-15 min of silence from her I figured I should check on A to make her finish the book.
I found her in just her underwear, on the couch, eating a dry salad, watching Star Trek! Apparently the cable came back on and what had been BBC News was now Star Trek. I told her she's not allowed to eat on the couch and that she could watch Daniel Tiger after she finished her salad and book. She shoved the salad in her mouth and declared she was watching Star Trek in a very matter of fact manner. Goodness! She might have some hidden nerd genes in her. Who knew? Barker and I have never even seen a single Star Wars movie, let alone Star Trek! We're more likely to be Parrot Heads than Potter Heads.
I waited until a commercial came on then told her Star Trek was over and turned the TV off. I was afraid Dr. Who might come on and then she'd go full on geek and we'd lose control of the remote forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment