Saturday, February 2, 2013

Remember me? I used to blog here.

    Sorry I haven't blogged in forever. I know my only follower, Adam, likely thinks I dropped off the face of the Earth. I didn't. But my husband did move me to Louisiana, which is close to the end of the Earth. We are still unpacking and I have not yet found my computer. So I snagged his lap top for the moment to update the blog a bit. I have pictures from December through February so there might be a few posts tonight. Sorry. 
    Oh and why did we move? He was getting burned out at work. He'd been there nearly 10 years. He was doing some soccer instructing on the side because some of his coach friends needed help. He really enjoyed it. Then I signed Audrey up to play soccer at her school with Soccer Shots. A light bulb went off. I thought 'Barker could do this. He'd love it. He'd be great at it.' So I talked him into looking into it. He found out it was a franchise. Where we lived was already taken, as was every territory I'd care to live in, in Texas. (Which were really just Dallas and Austin.) So I looked into Shreveport, where Barker went to college and played soccer. I couldn't find anything like it here. We still have a lot of friends here so starting over from scratch wouldn't be as scary as it might be some place else. And I've always loved Louisiana. I wanted to go to Tulane for forever but I just never could bring myself to ask my Dad to pay out of state tuition. So we figured why not? We bought Soccer Shots Northwest Louisiana and sold our houses in Texas. And now here we are. 
    We are super busy every second of the day and it will likely be this crazy until mid December but I think he'll be much happier with this job. It's just perfect for him. He was so swamped at his last job that he'd go in before Hudson and Audrey woke up (for a head start on the day and easier commute) and wouldn't get home until after Huddie was in bed. So Monday through Wednesday he wouldn't see Son at all. And then when he was home he was answering emails, calls, texts, updating a spread sheet, or whatever. I could tell he was just miserable and it takes a lot to make him anything other than laid back and happy. As a one income family for four, job security was very important to me so I NEVER thought I'd encourage him to leave his job. But his happiness and health are more important to me than anything else. And I will go to the end of the Earth to make him happy. Or Shreveport, if that's what it takes. So here we go...

No comments: