I absolutely adore this time of year. I think summer is my favorite season. I love the sun, the beach, snow cones, swim suits, and a tan. But the next season, football season, is a very close second.
We cook. Well, Barker cooks. We spend a lot of time with friends. We watch college football. We go to festivals. High school football games. Hot chocolate. Coats! Scarves. We watch more college football. Use the fireplace. I love it!
And this is the time of year that Barker asked me out, I said no, but soon changed my mind and gave him a chance. So I think a cool front this time of year always makes me nostalgic. I loved and dearly miss those early, care free days. I wish we could have had more of them but we sadly didn't meet when we were young. If I had one wish it would be to start my life with Barker when we were just kids with no responsibilities. It breaks my heart to think of all the years we lost.
Anyway- The cool front this weekend brought with it a lot of friends and a ton of fun! We started out celebrating Cefalu's 30th birthday at Top Golf. Barker hadn't been in several months so I figured he'd be itching to play but then he saw the Cefalu's 9 week old little girl, so he held her forever instead of playing right away.
After he finally put her down he said "Let's go see your doctor on Monday." ha! Baby fever.
After Top Golf we headed over to the Hunter's to grill and watch the LSU and Texas games.
My family always toggles between both as you can see by their mismatched gear.
Hudson went to sleep early, Audrey made a new friend, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Just a typical college football season weekend for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment