Monday, September 3, 2012

A weekend free of plans... or so we thought

This was the first weekend in a long, long time that we didn't have plans. We didn't really know what do to with ourselves. So Saturday morning we went to Barker's weekly soccer game. It finally wasn't too hot for Audrey to play on the playground next to the field. And it's shaded for meat pie and myself. While there one of the guys Barker plays with invited us to his daughter's birthday party that was taking place a couple hours later. I panicked because it didn't leave me time to shower the play ground off of myself and go to the store to buy a gift. Barker said not to worry, that this 6 year old had asked for canned goods for the local food bank instead of gifts. Wow. 

So we went to the party at Pump It Up Frisco and all 3 of my loves had a blast and burned some calories. 
 Hudson loved playing basketball with his Daddy.


Audrey loved climbing with him.
(please forgive my terrible iPhone pics)

When we came home both kids napped while Barker and I got to watch lots and lots of college football. If it wasn't 100 degrees outside it might almost feel like autumn was approaching.

Oh and Barker also scored tickets for a suite for the FC Dallas game after church the next day. So much for a weekend free of plans. My husband just cannot sit still. 


Two of my friends and their families joined us for the game. Mieke just got home from a month in Belgium so we were glad she, Scott and Ella could make it. Luke already had plans. And the Bakers- Rene, Brad, Colin and Lucas also joined us. All the kids play soccer so I was glad they were able to see a professional game. But I was mostly glad for the air conditioning and unlimited food and drinks to keep the kids occupied. 

It was a lot of fun.
 Ok, well, truth is it was it was crazy... but mostly fun. My daughter thought being in a suite meant you can act like a wild animal which stressed me to no end, so she spent a little while in time out for getting out of control with the popcorn. (Not sure where her Daddy was on that one.) 


Pizza Hut Park is all of 7 minutes from our house but she passed out on the way home. When we put her in her bed she didn't ask for a story or a drink of water. She simply asked if she could take a bath in the morning, rolled over before I could answer, and passed out again.

Oh and did I forget to mention that as we were leaving Hudson tried to jump out of his daddy's arms? He was sweaty so when he lunged backwards Barker couldn't get a firm grasp on him. Ugh. I walked in from the balcony just in time to see him kinda land. Barker had a hand under him so it softened the blow, he didn't have a bump or even a red spot. We couldn't even tell if he actually hit the carpet anywhere or fully landed on Barker's arm and just scared us all. He whined for less than a minute, no tears from him, just from us, and he slept like a rock. Barker and I are paranoid so we took turns checking on him all through the night, just to be safe. Sometimes I feel like Hudson and I are Lois and Stewie from Family Guy, and Hudson might just have it out for me.



No comments: