Monday, September 3, 2012

Audrey's First Hair Cut

Yes, you read that correctly. Audrey was 4 before she got her first hair cut. When her hair is short it curls on the bottom and is kinda wild and just there on the top. So it's easier to just let it grow because the weight makes it straighter and I only know how to deal with straight hair. Not frizz. But it did need a trim so I decided to take her for her first hair cut before school starts. She was a bit apprehensive at first and kept talking about how on the movie Tangled Eugene cuts off Rapunzel's hair. Nothing bad happened to Rapunzel after that so I'm not sure why Audrey thought a hair cut was a bad idea. So I just had to swear we wouldn't cut it all off. She wanted to keep it long. 

Still not so sure...

Happy!

The man that cut her hair looked like the great and powerful Oz, which amused her. He is a Paw Paw and was very sweet and patient with her and her nerves.

When she was all done and it was time to get down I had a hard time getting her out of the chair while wearing Hudson. So in all the frustration I forgot to pick up some of the pieces he cut off. I didn't realize this until we left. Oh how did I cry. I felt just awful that there is a spot in her baby book that will forever remain empty because I got distracted. For a second I thought about going back but he was already cutting on another girl when we left so even if I went back and asked to dig through all the hair they'd swept up (like a psycho) I'd likely end up with some other kids hair and that's even more crazy, to keep some stranger's hair in a book for 40 more years. So I decided to cry and call it a loss. Mommy guilt wins again.

No comments: