Tuesday, February 21, 2012

2 Months Old

My lil' man is 2 months old already. And what a great 2 months it's been! He's such a joy to have in our lives.
He sleeps until 2:30 or 3:30 am then gets up again at 6:15 or 7:15.  He wakes up in a great mood, and grins from ear to ear when his sister gets up and we sing good morning songs to him. (Good Morning To You from Kindermusik and Good Day Sunshine by The Beatles)
I put Audrey in her crib upstairs when she hit two months old but he's a noisy sleeper, which freaks me out, so we're going to keep him in our room a while longer.
I don't have the stats on him cause our 2 month appointment isn't until tomorrow but at his last appointment he was 10 and a half pounds, so I'm expecting somewhere in the 11lb range. Like most babies he likes to cuddle and eat. And like his mother he gets highly annoyed when you make him wait for food. We aren't on any kind of an eating schedule because he's all over the place with his appetite during the day. It may be 2 hours, maybe 2 and a half, occasionally even 3 hours. So I'm still not really getting out of the house much except to take A to school or to run to Target for groceries. The past 3 weeks he has eaten at Target. Nursing in dressing rooms is a skill all mothers should master. Since I'm not venturing much further than Target I'm kinda roughing it. I much prefer Saks Fifth Avenue's dressing rooms when it comes to nursing. But I can't hate on Target too much, it's hands down better than when I had to nurse in a make shift closet made of drapes at the Stock Show a few weeks ago.

Update: After his 2 month check up he is 11 lbs 12 oz, 50th percentile.
23 1/4 inches, 60th percentile.

No comments: