Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update: Audrey's Room

A couple of weeks ago we got Audrey's antique vanity back. It was refurbished for me by Refreshingly Chic.
http://www.RefreshinglyChic.blogspot.com

I couldn't be happier with the newest addition to her room, however I didn't take any decent pictures after Barker brought it upstairs because I was in the shower at the time. But he snapped this one of her inspecting it. He said he carried it up, put the mirror on it and she immediately ran to get her Barbie head and all of her salon toys to fill the drawers. He was amazed that she instinctively knew what this very girly item was, and what to fill the drawers with. Every day she gets girlier and girlier and our house becomes more and more covered in glitter.

I still have to move it onto the correct wall and find new knobs for it.
But her room is basically done.

So now it's time to get to work on the new nursery. It's going to take me a while longer than it did to do Audrey's room. You see this baby is a BOY! I knew all along it was but Barker was more than shocked. Everything as far as the brain, spine, heart, etc looked perfect, so we're feeling pretty blessed.
But when it comes to his room, I'm feeling more stressed. You see I don't like any of the boy bedding you can find online or in stores so it looks like I'm going to be forced to have the bedding custom made. I have a very simple style. Most people love boats, sports or jungle animals for little boy nurseries but that's just not really my thing. So I've got a mood board that's a bit of a work in progress. But I sure hope it turns out well. It could be a big old mess. Guess we'll see.

No comments: