Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Royal Wedding of William and Kate

My Auntie Di used to be a cake maker. She still lived in London when Charles and Diana got married. Every street over there had a block party for the nuptials and she made the American wedding cake, since in England they're traditionally a fruit cake. So when William proposed to Kate I made plans to head to Auntie Di's for the wedding!

Megan's son Jack and Audrey sharing popcorn


And playing on the iPad in their little rocking chairs like old people.

English weddings mean hats! Audrey loved that tradition.

In her princess pajamas and Cinderella slippers


dressed and ready to watch the wedding!


She and Jack sat on the toddler couch and snacked while watching the festivities.
She said "The Prince!" when she saw Wills and Harry walk in. I teared up because after watching them walk side by side since they were toddlers in the papers it really ripped my heart out to see them all grown up, but with out their doting mother there to watch them walk down the aisle.


The delicious food. I lost track of how many sandwiches, scones and cakes I ate. It was all so good.

No comments: