Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Prosper Founders Fest 2011

This weekend was the Prosper Founders Fest. It poured the night before so Audrey and I pulled on our wellies and braved the mud to catch up with Barker and see how the 5k went, and to see if any of our friends were out and about or if everyone joined the parrot heads at the Jimmy Buffet concert.

I had no idea where the finish line was. But eventually he came strolling up with a medal, for 2nd place. He also ran into one of his fraternity brothers, Phil.


Audrey was excited to have yet another for her collection.

But then it was time for the BBQ cook off. Barker, my dad and Zane decided to enter. There were probably 30 or more teams there. And I mean real teams. Like they take this seriously. They travel every weekend to compete. their smokers fit 45 briskets. Crazy. Barker just wanted to sign up because it was in our home town. They put the brisket on the smoker bright and early. They also had to turn in chicken and ribs.

In the meantime Zane and Audrey played washers.

By nap time I was way past bored and took Audrey home to put her down for her nap.

So we missed the evil looks Barker, my dad and Zane got when they beat all those pros and took home 3rd place in ribs (Zane's creation) and 4th in brisket (Barker and my dad's doing)

I went home and made a potato salad to go with the beans and whatever meat they ended up bringing home. I made a double batch, one for us, plenty to take to my friend April that just had a baby. But poor April, before I could stop him my husband dumped a ton of DILL into my beloved potato salad! Oh the horror! I tried to explain to him that DILL RELISH goes in potato salad. Never dill. Put that crap on white fish or when you're making pickles. But keep it the hell away from my yummy potato salad. Luckily for him, it only went into April's batch. And she's too sweet to complain. But had he ruined my batch with that crap, well it wouldn't have ended well for him.

So congrats honey on your day of winning....but stay away from my potato salad, or else.

Smooches!

No comments: