Last weekend I was so excited to go to Shreveport to meet the newest member of the Blancher family and for my friend Emily's baby shower. Audrey had other plans.
You see, Barker makes Audrey and myself car sick. It happens to me at random, any time of the day. But it only seems to affect Audrey in the morning. Luckily, I'm the one that takes her to school and he very rarely drives her in the morning. I should have driven to Shreveport but wasn't thinking and let Barker drive as usual. (I hate to drive.) Needless to say, we never made it to Louisiana. Audrey got sick, and I mean sick, when we were still a good hour and a half from Shreveport. I was pretty sure she was just car sick but I didn't want to risk it and have her around a newborn and a pregnant friend. So we cleaned her and her car seat up as much as we could, which was futile, and headed home. She acted as if she felt just fine and found it hysterical that after the 3rd time of vomiting, we had no clothes left to put her in, so she was forced to wear an old t shirt I found in the trunk. It was a Borat t shirt. Classy. She'd already been sick on all of her clothes, her dad's shirt, her coat, even her tights. Awesome. But she did enjoy wearing the old t shirt. She called it 'Daddy's dress.'

Once we got home she had a blast in the bath tub while poor Daddy cleaned the car, car seat, and clothes.

I was glad she didn't have a virus or anything, just car sick, but I was still really disappointed I had to miss the baby shower. But spending the day with this smile was good, too.
You see, Barker makes Audrey and myself car sick. It happens to me at random, any time of the day. But it only seems to affect Audrey in the morning. Luckily, I'm the one that takes her to school and he very rarely drives her in the morning. I should have driven to Shreveport but wasn't thinking and let Barker drive as usual. (I hate to drive.) Needless to say, we never made it to Louisiana. Audrey got sick, and I mean sick, when we were still a good hour and a half from Shreveport. I was pretty sure she was just car sick but I didn't want to risk it and have her around a newborn and a pregnant friend. So we cleaned her and her car seat up as much as we could, which was futile, and headed home. She acted as if she felt just fine and found it hysterical that after the 3rd time of vomiting, we had no clothes left to put her in, so she was forced to wear an old t shirt I found in the trunk. It was a Borat t shirt. Classy. She'd already been sick on all of her clothes, her dad's shirt, her coat, even her tights. Awesome. But she did enjoy wearing the old t shirt. She called it 'Daddy's dress.'
Once we got home she had a blast in the bath tub while poor Daddy cleaned the car, car seat, and clothes.
I was glad she didn't have a virus or anything, just car sick, but I was still really disappointed I had to miss the baby shower. But spending the day with this smile was good, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment