Barker had to work a soccer tourney in Mandeville for a few days over the holiday so, as always, the kids and I tagged along. We had a great time. The kids were all about the indoor pool. We also enjoyed visiting new restaurants. I had Barker bring his bike cause I heard there was a really nice trail and he was, for once, glad he listened to me and brought it along. It said it was absolutely beautiful. My work out was not as enjoyable as the hotel gym also doubled as a daycare, apparently. But all and all it was a good time.
When it was time to head home Barker shocked me by not heading north to Shreveport. Instead he informed me that he had booked us a beautiful suite in New Orleans for the new year! He's always full of surprises, just one of my favorite things about my wonderful hubby.
There was also a bowl game scheduled so the French Quarter and business districts were crawling with people from all over. It was chilly, but not so much so that we couldn't hoof it around town. We ate too much, did a little browsing, slept like we hadn't slept in weeks, and had a blast with the kids at the aquarium.
Audrey really enjoyed the otters and penguins.
Hudson thought everything was amazing.
He just ran from one thing to another pointing and touching and just soaking it all in.
All about boats
love these goof balls
As always, the sharks were a huge hit. Audrey still talks about how I took her to the shark tunnel last year in Oklahoma. I try to take them to an aquarium, zoo or museum wherever we go and the fact that Barker recognized that and decided that's how we should ring in the new year really meant a lot to me. I have loved New Orleans since I was a little girl but hadn't been in a long while so for me it was a wonderful way to kiss 2014 goodbye.







No comments:
Post a Comment