Our first love is 6 years old.
She's still the nicest person I know and she's super excited to be starting kindergarten in a few days. I, however, am dreading ugly crying in public. I know it's gonna happen. Nothing I can do about it. I managed to squeeze an extra year out of her before having to hand her over to the state 5 long days a week. Ugh. But my broken heart knows she will have so much fun and will enjoy making new friends.
As for me, I'm scared for myself. I'm not so sure I can make it with the two littles alone. They team up against me. But Audrey- she's my little momma. My big helper. Our sous chef. My biggest cheerleader. My third hand. The encourager. Entertainer. Our pride and joy.
You can bet I'll be watching that clock every afternoon, eager to get this sweet girl home, safe and sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment