Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

I'm finally sitting down at the MacBook so I can blog. Because I don't have much time, don't get your hopes up. You are not about to read anything profound, just what little I can recall on events from the past few months. 
Lets start with Thanksgiving.

It was wonderful! This year we had so much to be thankful for. Audrey said she was thankful for flowers and her friend Morgan. Morgan is her babysitter. I was thankful for my healthy children, the ability to have a third child and a husband this will do whatever it takes to provide them with the things they need, including many hours a day spent with him. Barker was thankful for having Thanksgiving at our house, just us. I had to laugh. It really made me feel like a 'grown up' for once. I think we've been married like 8 or so years now and this was the very first time we've ever been able to have Thanksgiving at our house, just us. Really! Usually we have to drive all over the country side from house to house in the cold while our kids attempt to cat nap in the car. It never feels like a 'vacation day' oh no it's always exhausting. So for once we didn't have to spend hours getting us all ready and then several more hours in a car. No sir! No car rides for us. We got to get up, watch the parade, stay in pajamas and make a traditional Thanksgiving dinner here. We all agreed it was the best Thanksgiving ever! You see my Audrey is quite the chef, so how could it not be?
 They carefully prepped the bird and veggies and Barker taught her how to stuff them in the poor turkey.


 And he taught her how to inject a ton of butter into it, in true southern style.


 Hudson had to assist, of course.


Then when it was time to enjoy the 'feast' as Audrey called it, I let the kids, well and Barker too I suppose, decide if they'd like to change for dinner or stay in their pajamas. No surprise that I was the only one that put on proper clothes. 

The other 3 voted to stay in jammies. Fine by me! 

Dinner turned out well. Bravo! My three chefs should be very proud of their feast. I honestly can say Barker's turkey is the best I've ever had, hands down. I was quite impressed, and I expect a lot out of him because he's such a good cook. (Just don't ask him to make pancakes.) But he out did himself this time. Adding one more thing to our very long list of things to be thankful for. 

No comments: