Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Realistic Advertising

     You hear claims of false advertising often. Today I stumbled upon a case of very accurate advertising. Sadly it was for a soft drink marketed to children and parents of small children. No lie, it's called Chubby Kids Soda and has a cartoon of an obese child on the front. 

     Wow. I was floored. I had to snap a pic with my phone to show Jo. Even sadder, it was labeled 3/$.99 while the organic no sugar added fruit and vegetable individual juices were $2.39 each for a similar size and $9.99 for the large vegetable juice my husband buys that lasts a week or two. 
     I won't waste time ranting and raving or even explaining everything that's wrong with this on so many levels because I hope that the few friends that follow my blog are smart enough to know why they shouldn't buy things like this. I mean, I'm fairly certain all of my friends can read food labels, and if I have any friends who can't read, well they won't be wasting their time looking at this blog will they? 
     *disclaimer: I can only speak for myself, but personally, all reasoning goes out the window when it's 100 degrees outside and you spy a snow cone stand. Then the hypocrite in me will want one of those rot your teeth and empty calorie styrofoam cups of summer time awesomeness.  

No comments: