Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Day of Summer Break


     Audrey said she wasn't ready for the last day of summer but I know she'll be happy to be back at school with friends tomorrow. Poor Hudson will miss having her to play with and will soon grow tired of having me hovering over him. 
     It rained this morning so we decided to spend our last day of summer at Chuck E Cheese. Both kids had a ball. 
Hud making his Paul McCartney face


Giving me his best 'but I love dogs! Can I pleeeeeeeeease have one?' face. 

     We also hit up the Boardwalk, did a little dancing, and finished up the night with sundaes before bath time. And I only cried a little while reading her The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn as I tucked her in and we said our prayers.
     This was hands down our most uneventful summer yet. Luckily Audrey didn't seem to notice. It's not as if she did nothing. She attended 4 camps, had a birthday party, went to the water park a few times, went to the movies, etc. But we're just used to doing something nearly every day during the summer. 
    I'm confident she'll have a blast at school. And I'm sure Hudson and I will spend our days staring at each other and the clock, waiting for Audrey to return. 

No comments: