Monday, May 20, 2013

Disney Princesses on Ice!

All of our friends in Dallas went to see the Disney Princesses on Ice a while ago. So I was stoked when I learned it was coming to Bossier! Audrey hated that ponds in Texas never iced over enough to ice skate on, so when we moved to Louisiana she asked if she could ice skate here. I hated to break it to her that we'd likely NEVER live in a place cold enough to make that dream come true. Yay for malls! But I could take her to watch the Princesses skate. 
I didn't put her in one of her Princess dresses because it was 40 that day. Burr. But I did dress her in warm clothes in Belle colors of yellow and red. 
She was shocked when we walked down to our surprisingly good seats and she realized where we were. Worth every penny. Then the Princesses came out (her favorite, Tiana, was first) and she was disappointed she couldn't go meet them and skate with them. But she enjoyed the show, nonetheless. She participated when they'd ask questions, point out certain things... like when she felt they should have done something differently, that Cinderella's step sisters aren't nice girls, or that the fire fly was skating instead of flying. ha!

I bought her several over priced plastic souvenirs like any good parent. She and Hudson love the light up wand that makes noise and she drinks from her snow cone cup daily. 

After the show I took her to lunch and as a special treat I let her have juice (instead of water or white milk) and dessert.
Sweet girl wanted to take her dessert home to share with her baby brother. (Insert awwwww here) So I bought both her brother and her daddy desserts of their own and we took them home to enjoy as a family and warm up. 
Hudson was thrilled she thought of him and loved his chocolate mousse.
 
What a wonderful mommy/daughter day!

No comments: