I was in tears last night because I felt like I wasn't able to hold Hudson long enough before bed on the last night he was my 11 month old baby.
MY BABY
This morning he woke up (early) as my 1 year old. Ouch.
Seriously, ouch.
But I didn't have time to be sad about him growing up waaaaaay too fast. I had to take him to his one year well check. I know, it's mean to make them go to the doctor on their birthdays but if I book them another day I'll likely forget. But I could never forget 12-21 which Barker refers to as 'the best and worst day of my life'...poor guy. He's so traumatized by the whole near death experience bit of Huddie's birthday.
So we went to Hudson's appointment and his pedi said all is well. 30th for weight and 40th for height so pretty healthy and average just like Audrey's always been. No big surprises there.
Then we stole daddy away from work for lunch like we typically do when the
kids have a birthday. Audi was a little disappointed we didn't do Chuck E
Cheese like we do on her big day but I felt like that was just begging
for the flu.
Birthday Boy!
not sure what this is about
He really enjoyed his cake!
He ate the whole thing.
Terrible parenting move, I know.
Don't care.
When he finished it he tried to lick his hands clean.
And when he realized it really was all gone...
total devastation.
Didn't see that coming.
Cake was of course followed by a very thorough bath
(not sure what's up with the crazy eyes)
which resulted in blue water.
It was a good day. A really good day.
So glad those Mayans weren't any better at keeping up with their calendars than I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment