Thursday, October 18, 2012

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Barker works non stop now and the end of the State Fair of Texas was quickly approaching so I decided to brave the fair with out him. It wasn't easy but we survived. We met my friend Erica and her family there which was nice. Erica's daughter Kylie has gone to school with Audrey since they turned two so it was super sweet to see these two friends hold hands and hop on rides together.
 First stop, Fletcher's of course!
Audrey, Hudson and myself shared one.

I also had deep friend chocolate tres leches cake. Heaven.
When we left I took Barker deep friend kraut balls to his office. He said they were as gross as they sound. I was like "Duh. Kraut is nasty. Why do you think it's not on the menu at every single restaurant like burgers?" He threw them away. State Fair fail. Kraut. Yuck.


 Kylie and Audrey playing games


 They each won a light up wand. Score!


 Then Kylie spotted Dumbo and just had to ride!


 She quickly changed her mind. 
She cried and Audrey had this funny "Should I be scared too?" look on her face. Like the awesome parents we are we helplessly laughed hysterically.


 Then they found these whales in water to ride.
There were bubbles involved. Bubbles make everything better. That's parenting for dummies rule #1.


 All smiles this time

 train ride

We also ran into some other friends, the Hayes family.
Audrey, Hudson and Olivia. 
Huddie's pal Baby Zach was there too but some how opted out of the picture. 


Also all smiles, my little meat pie. He was such a trooper all day! He just ate and did some people watching. Such a blessing. After I put him in his car seat I went to Audrey's side to buckle her up. I looked over and Hud was already asleep. When we got home I put him down for his late afternoon power nap. It usually lasts just 30-45 minutes. Huddie slept from 5pm until 7:30 the next morning! Whoa! State Fair must have worn him out. I know it did me. I got up at 4:20 that morning for boot camp and it was a tabata day. (I hate you burpees.) Then I thought it would be a good idea to push both kids around for 5 hours in strong winds. Ouch. My poor back was regretting that decision the next morning. But the rest of me was so happy I decided to attempt it even with out Barker. We all had so much fun and it was much easier than I had anticipated. Good times with good friends!

No comments: