Monday, May 28, 2012

Bon Voyage Angie

A few weeks ago my friend Angie moved to NY for her husband's job. I just adore Angie. She's the sweetest thing and such a good friend. So before she left I went out to dinner with her and a couple of our friends from her neighborhood. A sort of going away party. Except that two of us were nursing and another was pregnant. So 'party' might be a bit of a stretch. But I wanted to make sure she got some Tex Mex before she moved to NY since it might not be on every. single. corner. like it is here.


While we went to dinner Barker was nice enough to keep Angie's two ridiculously cute sons, Mason and Macaroni. 
Audrey had a blast. And Barker apparently wore them out. Or did they wear him out? I can't remember which. But this is how we found them when we came home. An almost sleep over.
  
Mason introduced my girly girl to Batman and Spider man and found every single Buzz Lightyear we own. And that's a lot. They played inside, outside and Barker made them dinner. Mason was tossing a couple little Buzz Lightyears into the air and tying to catch them but as preschoolers often do, he missed. And they went into the neighbors yards. 
Two weeks later I found Ham, the pig from Toy Story, in the back yard on the top of the slide. So I'm pretty sure the toys launched a rescue mission and all Buzzes should be accounted for soon. But really we have so many I'd never had noticed any were missing.

Audrey and I both really enjoyed being friends with Angie and her boys and we'll miss them terribly. But I'm so excited for them as they set sail on this new adventure!

No comments: