Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fancy Nancy Story Time

I took Audrey to the library in Celina for a Fancy Nancy story time. Fancy Nancy is a character in a series of books for little girls. She dresses up in what she thinks are very glamorous clothes like tiaras, frilly dresses, feather boas, heels, sunglasses and lots of jewelry.

So naturally I let Audrey dress like a crazy person and we headed on over for story time.

She wore this hideous dress my mom used to make me wear when I was four, her Pinkalicious crown, my 70's style sunglasses and a copious amount of necklaces and bracelets. Hysterical! Oh- but no feather boas because I don't really want my kid dressing like a stripper. A crazy cat lady is one thing. But looking like we shop at Electric Boutique is another. Call me old fashioned.


There were so many layers to that dress I had a hard time getting her car seat to buckle.


For some odd reason, this day, of all days, several moms that each had 3 or more sons showed up for story time. I guess Audrey felt they probably didn't want to read Fancy Nancy books, so she took it upon herself to sit in front of the librarian and flip the pages of this dinosaur book to a few of the boys.

No comments: