I took Audrey with me to the salon. I grabbed a sucker. She had to have one, too. I was having my hair done. So naturally she had to have hers done, too. But that poses a problem......
You see, I'm not sure just yet because she's so young, but I'm afraid she may have inherited her dad's frizzy, brittle hair. His is like goat hair, poor guy. It's not soft and silky. If you know my husband, you know his hair is always exactly the same. It's not that he likes that style. Oh no. It's that you can't do anything else with his hair. Believe me, we've tried. Ugh.
So far Audrey's is at least soft but because it has some curls in the back, I'm so afraid for her that it will turn frizzy and brittle as she gets older :( And every girl wants good hair, not a big poof ball on top of her head. Nothing will start your day off wrong like fighting with your hair before you leave the house.
But I don't know a thing about curly hair. I have soft, thick, straight hair. So I asked my friends that know how to tame their gorgeous curls "How do I cut Audrey's hair?" Their answers were all the same "YOU DON'T!"
But if I'm having something done at the salon, she's going to want to as well. So today we solved that problem. I let her get a feather in her hair. (I love them! They're super cute but they're for girls much younger than me. I'd look like one of those ridiculous middle aged ladies that go to Cancun and come back with their hair in braids like they're 14! ha!) She asked for a light blue one that was probably as long as my hair. No way. So we compromised on a small one. I was rooting for hot pink, and expected her to go with purple. But much to my surprise she insisted on highlighter neon yellow! Who knows why?! So they attached the feather to a bead and slid the bead onto a few strands of her hair. It's so darn cute! And she was tickled : )

You see, I'm not sure just yet because she's so young, but I'm afraid she may have inherited her dad's frizzy, brittle hair. His is like goat hair, poor guy. It's not soft and silky. If you know my husband, you know his hair is always exactly the same. It's not that he likes that style. Oh no. It's that you can't do anything else with his hair. Believe me, we've tried. Ugh.
So far Audrey's is at least soft but because it has some curls in the back, I'm so afraid for her that it will turn frizzy and brittle as she gets older :( And every girl wants good hair, not a big poof ball on top of her head. Nothing will start your day off wrong like fighting with your hair before you leave the house.
But I don't know a thing about curly hair. I have soft, thick, straight hair. So I asked my friends that know how to tame their gorgeous curls "How do I cut Audrey's hair?" Their answers were all the same "YOU DON'T!"
But if I'm having something done at the salon, she's going to want to as well. So today we solved that problem. I let her get a feather in her hair. (I love them! They're super cute but they're for girls much younger than me. I'd look like one of those ridiculous middle aged ladies that go to Cancun and come back with their hair in braids like they're 14! ha!) She asked for a light blue one that was probably as long as my hair. No way. So we compromised on a small one. I was rooting for hot pink, and expected her to go with purple. But much to my surprise she insisted on highlighter neon yellow! Who knows why?! So they attached the feather to a bead and slid the bead onto a few strands of her hair. It's so darn cute! And she was tickled : )

Oh they grow up so fast, don't they?
No comments:
Post a Comment