Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Martin

This labor day weekend we went to Shreveport for the marriage of our friends Matt and Ashley.

After the wedding we headed over to the reception. I told Barker is was at the Petroleum Club. So we park, go into the building and the man at the front desk asks "Do you know where you're going?" Barker said "Yeah, I've been here before." And we jump in an elevator. On the way up I ask Barker "Do you realize this elevator is where we first laid eyes on each other at Tom and Rebekah's wedding 7 or so years ago?" He replied "Yep! Wait, that was the University Club." We look down at the button and there is a U on it. Then the doors open and we're welcomed into a pirate themed bar mitzvah! So we jumped back in the elevator laughing and hoofed it the two blocks over to the Petroleum Club where the reception was already taking place! Oops!

I'm so glad we were able to celebrate with Matt and Ashley. The wedding was a hit with a great band (they played The Beatles and Van Morrison, so what more could you want?) and fantastic food!


We stayed the weekend with our friends the Eversons and on Sunday we went out to Andrea's family's horse farm.

It was a beautiful day to visit and I think Andrea's horse, Cambridge, enjoyed himself as well.


Jeff and Cambridge

Andrea is a veterinarian and recently adopted two dogs in addition to their two pugs.

Olive has a ton of energy so she got to make the trip to the farm with us.


She even went for a dip in one of the ponds.

It was a wonderful weekend spent with good friends we don't see hardly often enough. And if only I had managed to squeeze in time for a cupcake from Cush's, it would have been perfect!

No comments: