Most parents get all kinds of cute pictures of their kid's first day of school. I obviously did not. Instead, I got a hurricane.

I managed to snap one quick pic of Audrey before we left the house.
She was her usual, smiley self.
(If you're wondering why she's dressed in play clothes, it was super muggy outside, pouring down rain, and they have to wear tennis shoes to school, which means no cute dresses. Boo.)
As soon as I put her down she was in the door and playing away. (She's only there 2 days a week for 5 hours so she has to make the most of her time.) I signed her in and then had to run out to the car to get all of her stuff. I couldn't carry it all, and her, and the umbrella in one trip. When I came back some little girl was crying so of course Audrey looks up at me like "Am I supposed to be crying too?"

Ms. Tracy picked her up to console her but she still looked sad. But I'm sure she was fine once the other little girl quit crying. She's not one to be upset in a room full of toys.
I was hoping to get better pictures when I went to pick her up 5 hours later but due to the ridiculous storms I was trapped and couldn't get out of my neighborhood. There are 4 roads out of here and every one was flooded. I probably could have made it in some huge SUV but my little Acura was having none of it. So I had to call Barker to go get her. I was pretty bummed.
The paper she brought home said she ate most of her lunch, napped for an hour and a half, and went to chapel and music class, so I'm sure she had a great day. But I think I'll always feel bad that I wasn't able to properly document this special event due to the stupid hurricane dumping so much rain on us.
I managed to snap one quick pic of Audrey before we left the house.
She was her usual, smiley self.
(If you're wondering why she's dressed in play clothes, it was super muggy outside, pouring down rain, and they have to wear tennis shoes to school, which means no cute dresses. Boo.)
As soon as I put her down she was in the door and playing away. (She's only there 2 days a week for 5 hours so she has to make the most of her time.) I signed her in and then had to run out to the car to get all of her stuff. I couldn't carry it all, and her, and the umbrella in one trip. When I came back some little girl was crying so of course Audrey looks up at me like "Am I supposed to be crying too?"
Ms. Tracy picked her up to console her but she still looked sad. But I'm sure she was fine once the other little girl quit crying. She's not one to be upset in a room full of toys.
I was hoping to get better pictures when I went to pick her up 5 hours later but due to the ridiculous storms I was trapped and couldn't get out of my neighborhood. There are 4 roads out of here and every one was flooded. I probably could have made it in some huge SUV but my little Acura was having none of it. So I had to call Barker to go get her. I was pretty bummed.
The paper she brought home said she ate most of her lunch, napped for an hour and a half, and went to chapel and music class, so I'm sure she had a great day. But I think I'll always feel bad that I wasn't able to properly document this special event due to the stupid hurricane dumping so much rain on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment