Friday, December 4, 2009

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!

Johanna, Mieke and I took the girls to Lazy Bones for dinner and then watched the Parade of Lights in downtown Grapevine.

Audrey is always much warmer than I am and hates to be bundled up. She doesn't even like to have a sweater on... so mittens, a hat and a parka is like the end of the world to her. She must get it from her Daddy cause I'm always cold (God Bless The North Face.)


But she got over it with in a few minutes.


Gray didn't seem to mind a hat, coat and mittens.


"I'll wear it, but I won't like it."


Mieke and Ella


The girls all warm and ready to watch the parade


Audrey found some pine cones to play with while we waited for the parade to start.


Ella giving Audrey kisses.
Ella has started to say 'Auuuuuuudreeeeey' and it's so so sweet.

Ella Bella and her pine cones


Johanna's sweet sister in law Courtney bought all the kids light up swords (you can tell she has 2 boys, us moms of girls didn't even notice them!)


They were all quite thrilled! And Audrey quickly learned how to play with it even though she had mittens on. Who needs thumbs?

Audrey attacking the camera with her sword.

But Camden had a harder time gripping the sword with her mittens so Johanna stuck it in her coat.

She was not a fan of that idea!!


Ella with her sword, 2 seconds before she broke it. Oopsie.


I love their hats!





Finally it was time for the parade to start. Gray was loving it! We were surprised because she isn't always fond of people dressing up, especially Dorothy from the Wiggles. So when the Grinch came up, I was a little nervous. But she loved it!


Audrey liked the marching band and the horses.

Oh and she enjoyed waving back at the people on the floats even though she had on mittens. I think she liked this parade more than any other I've taken her to. Maybe next year we can talk Johanna into having a Lazy Bones float in the parade so we can dress the girls up as the misfit toys or something equally as cute!

No comments: