Monday, December 8, 2008
Cereal Update...The next morning
I had read in several books that people believe cereal makes a baby sleep through the night because the time to start cereal sometimes coincides with the time that some babies are ready to sleep through the night. I asked Audrey's Doctor about it and she said cereal is not some magic food that makes babies sleep. Every kid is different and they sleep when they're ready. She said some kids don't sleep through the night until they're 5! (Can you imagine?) And I have friends who's kids are much older than Audi and they don't sleep through the night. One friend who's son is a year and a half just started sleeping through the night recently. I'm sure she's quite grateful. And another friend who's baby is 11 months old told me about a month ago "He only gets up like twice a night." I thought "I would die if Audrey still got up twice a night." And last night, thanks to cereal, I about did. I had heard the old wives tale about cereal making kids sleep but I had never heard about it keeping them up. Audrey was up a ton last night and she finally gave up on trying to sleep super early this morning. I'm used to her just getting up once at 4 or 5 am and then going back down until 8 or 8:30 am. So I'm walking around here half comatose this morning. Thank you so much cereal. I'm tempted to put you down the garbage disposal so you feel how I feel this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment