Monday, June 8, 2015

Girl Dad

When I met Barker he told me he had a feeling he'd have daughters, four of them. I always felt like I'd have boys. When we got pregnant everyone thought he, being so sporty and all, would want a boy. But he was just as thrilled as I was to learn our first child would be a lovely little lady.

Then I got pregnant a second time and knew right away it was a boy. He was not convinced and guessed it was another girl. He looked completely shocked when my doctor announced it was a boy.

When we were fortunate enough to be expecting a third time he really hoped to give Audrey a sister. I did, too. But I also thought it would be fun for Hudson to have a brother to pal around with.

Don't get me wrong, he has a blast taking Hudson to monster truck shows and coaching his soccer team, but he's such a girl dad.

And they are serious daddy's girls.

No comments: