Audrey has loved being at First Presbyterian for preschool. She's adored her teachers and made some sweet friends. She's also become quite the leader, which is what I've been hoping for.
Barker snapped this pic at her school recently. The teachers asked the children what they would do if they were President. I read a couple that said things like "go to the park" but Audrey's clearly laid out her picnic basket politics. It said "I would bring food in a basket to all the hungry people." I think she's a democrat. My dad is probably having a mild heart attack upon reading this.
We were able to attend her preschool graduation. Only I didn't realize until the program started that it was in fact a graduation. (Had I known I would have put a little effort into taming her hair that rainy/frizzy morning.) The paper they sent home said 'celebration' so I just thought we were having a little goodbye party at the end of the year and they were singing a song, because the parents are often invited up for coffee, donuts, muffins or to attend chapel. She wanted to wear a dress that day even though it was chilly (yes, in May) so I should have guessed it was a special event but I had no idea they were putting on a full on program with several songs, little certificates and walking across the stage area of the chapel.
But even though I wasn't prepared for this show of transitioning to being a kindergartner I did well and didn't even cry. Miraculously, Arden didn't either!
I may not be ready for her to be away from me 5 days a week but she's stoked. Asa, the little boy on the front row in the seersucker jacket and boat shoes, is attending the same school as Audrey in the fall. But the others are really spread out amongst various public and private schools in both Shreveport and Bossier, as well as a few that will be home schooled. She'll miss her friends but I know she'll make lots of new buddies when autumn rolls around. Plus, one of her teachers from this year is also head of the PTA at her new school, so she'll be thrilled to still see Ms. Laura from time to time.
No comments:
Post a Comment